Mon - Thurs: 10:00am to 09:00pm
Friday: 10:00am to 06:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 05:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am to 05:00pm
10011 - 102 Street Fort Saskatchewan, AB T8L 2C5
For those looking to get involved
(4 month position)
Are you an energetic, creative student looking for a fun, fast-paced summer job?
The Fort Saskatchewan Public Library is looking for a reliable, passionate, and enthusiastic person who can provide excellent programming for all ages. This summer you will have the opportunity to work on a team, and independently, to provide programming in the library, and out in the community.
• Prepare, plan, and present summer games with the programming team, and assist with the Summer Reading Club
• Prepare, plan, and present a weekly summer program
• Assist with regular programs, such as After School LEGO and After School STEM
• Plan and present outreach programs such as storytimes
• Present to audiences at promotional events about programming at the library, and about library services and resources
• Shelving, shelf reading, and other collection duties, as assigned
• Provide excellent customer service
• Other duties as assigned
• Completion of at least one year in a post-secondary degree or diploma (e.g. Library Studies, Education, or Early Childhood Development) and continuing studies in the Fall
• Experience in a public library environment is an asset
• Comfort with new and innovative technologies is an asset
• Experience working with children is preferred
• Previous customer service work experience is an asset
• The successful applicant must be able to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, and weekends
• Valid Driver’s license is preferred
• Enthusiasm, energy and creativity
• Passionate about libraries and programming
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and skills related to using devices, online resources, and office equipment
• Attention to accuracy and detail, a positive customer service attitude, time management skills, and the ability to multi-task are necessary while working in a busy environment
• Ability to work on a team and independently
• Reliability is essential in this team environment
• Pay is $19.00 per hour
• 35 hours per week – May 7 to August 24, 2018
Deadline for application: Friday, March 9 at 5 pm
Please submit resumes, with cover letter, via e-mail (Word or PDF format), or in person to:
Emily Paulsen, Public Services Manager
Fort Saskatchewan Public Library
10011 – 102 Street
Fort Saskatchewan, AB T8L 2C5
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Calling All Makers!
Do you have a passion and talent for do-it-yourself projects such as scrapbooking, repurposing, painting, repairing or upcycling? The Fort Saskatchewan Public Library is looking for creative individuals to host its monthly DIY Night. The DIY Nights occur every third Monday of the month from 7-8:30 pm. Anyone interested can call Samantha at 780-912-2159 or submit a project proposal including their full name, contact information, photo and description of their project to firstname.lastname@example.org. A small honorarium will be provided to the selected hosts.
It’s not always easy to make it out to the library but we still want all our residents accessing our amazing collection! We need your help to deliver materials to seniors facilities throughout Fort Saskatchewan. Please contact Kerri Twigge, Operations Manager, at 780-912-2151 or email@example.com for more information.
Leading to Reading: Teen Volunteers Needed!
If you’re in grades 9-12 we have a great opportunity for you to gain volunteer hours and build up your resume! Join Leading to Reading! You’ll be matched with a student in grades 1-4 to help with their reading skills. Our next session starts February 2018. If you are interested please contact Emily Paulsen, Public Services Manager, at 780-912-2153 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gain access to thousands of free resources at the library and online
We have a variety of programs available for all ages.